Thieves are using the Coronavirus in many ways as a lever to try to get your money.
They are using the publics fear to force you to part with money.
'MAGICAL CURES' or 'TESTING KITS'.
There are as yet no cures, and testing kits will only be available via Government / NHS
'PRESCRIPTION COLLECTION or HELP WITH SHOPPING'.
Unless you know the person well, do not allow anyone to collect your prescriptions.
Thieves are knocking on doors saying they will do your shopping, asking you for the money 1st.
Only allow someone you know to shop for you, only give money after you receive goods and get a receipt.
'COVID-19 DECONTAMINATION or DEEP CLEANING SERVICES'
Offers of the above are allowing 'Distraction Burglaries' to take place.
They are using these offers to gain entry into your premises.
'GRANTS, LOANS, REDUCTIONS, REFUNDS'.
Any official refunds or reductions will be made direct into a Bank Account that is already on file, it would not be refunded or paid to a Bank Card.
Only apply direct to Government / Council / HMRC / Banks for Grants, Loans or deferments, you would not be asked to pay out any money to get these!
The NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect scheme launched on Monday to help reduce the spread of Coronavirus. If you are contacted by someone from the service as you have been in close contact with someone who is conformed as having Coronavirus, you should self-isolate for 14 days, and request a test if you develop symptoms.
Criminals have been taking the opportunity to exploit the COVID-19 pandemic for financial gain. With the launch of this new service we wanted to let people know how to spot the signs if criminals choose to try and take advantage of it.
• Ask you to dial a premium rate number to speak to them (for example, those starting with 09 or 087)
• Ask you to make any form of payment
• Ask you for any details about your bank account
• Ask for your social media identities or login details, or those of your contacts
• Ask you for any passwords or PINs, or ask you to set up any over the phone
• Ask you to purchase a product
• Ask you to visit any website that does not belong to the Government or NHS
• Ask you to download any software to your device or ask you to hand over control of your PC, smartphone or tablet.
We may feel uneasy about reporting neighbours, family or friends who ignore the rules,
BUT THEY ARE IN PLACE TO SAVE LIVES !
If we ignore their breach, it could mean that lives are lost,
MAYBE YOUR LIFE !